An unofficial SSPX newsletter, fighting a guerilla war for the soul of Tradition!
Letter of the Colombian Faithful in support of Fr. Altamira
Santa Fe, Bogotá, January 10 2014
To: Fr. Christian Bouchacourt, SSPX District Superior of South America
As is public knowledge, our Prior, Fr. Fernando Altamira, has recently stated from the pulpit some criticism of doctrinal nature for certain current guidelines of the authorities of the SSPX. The reaction of the Society has been to dismiss him as prior and to order him to transfer to another country.
Given this, the signatories, faithful of the SSPX in Colombia, respectfully express to Your Reverence the following:
1. The Colombian faithful, thanks to the constant work of formation carried out by the SSPX in this country, is a Catholic group solid in the Faith and therefore is aware of the doctrinal deviation of the SSPX, particularly regarding the relations with Rome.
2. Regarding the relations with Rome, Archbishop Lefebvre and the SSPX priests taught us this principle: The SSPX won’t be engaged in negotiations to achieve an agreement with apostate Rome, as long as it is not converted, as long as Rome doesn’t return to the Truth. (General Chapter 2006)
3. In 2012, we were greatly surprised and perplexed to learn that the SSPX leaders were secretly involved in efforts place the work of Archbishop Lefebvre in submission to apostate, modernist, blind and erring Rome, thus sacrificing the very same Truth.
4. Moreover, this intention of the SSPX authorities was not justified before the faithful in a frank and transparent way; on the contrary, in order to achieve an agreement or ‘regularization,’ the authorities have made use of a constant ambiguity of language, abuse of authority, excessive diplomacy, secrets, political calculations and strange tricks, like the launching of Rosary Crusades which manipulate the piety and good will of the faithful, etc.; all of which has sown doubt and confusion among the faithful. This unfortunate state of affairs has generated a total loss of confidence in the superiors. All of this constitutes a grave and unprecedented situation in the history of the Society.
5. Furthermore, this tactic of ambiguity, along with other similar signs, lead us to believe that the same organization which the pre-conciliar Magisterium denounced and condemned, the well-known New World Order that occupied Rome and introduced modernism (the synthesis of all heresies) into the Church, is influencing the decisions of the Society. It is working with the same cunning and brutality as it did when it occupied Rome: trying to destroy the Society by means of false obedience.
6. We are painfully aware that the battle against the enemies of Truth, the battle in defence of the Faith, is no longer the combat of the leadership of the Society or its priority. The authorities do not speak or write with clarity as they did before, nor denounce the errors strongly as they did before, nor allow the publication of good documents relative to this glorious fight, which was the fight of Archbishop Lefebvre, and which led to his isolation, calumny and spiritual martyrdom.
7. On the other hand, the priests who have had the courage to remain unshakable in the truth, have been expelled by means of illegal judgments and without being given sufficiently clear doctrinal answers, proving that in the leadership of the Society there is a liberal contamination, giving rise to interests other than the defence of Faith and the principles of Archbishop Lefebvre.
8. The SSPX taught us that Vatican II was the council which broke with Tradition and imposed a different religion on Catholics; however, with great alarm we have seen that the SSPX, and especially the Superior, has softened the previous position of categorical rejection of Vatican II.
9. The authorities of the SSPX are not pointing out the real enemy to us. In the case of Fr. Altamira, he has demonstrated how to have the preparation and doctrinal formation to recognize the external and internal enemy and to defend our souls against the wolf, and so we trust him to be guided by him as pastor.
10. We understand that obedience must be directed towards the Faith and Truth. Therefore, all obedience regarding the seeking of unity with apostate Rome, is false, illusory and involves a grave a betrayal of the Truth which is Christ Our Lord.
11. Because of the deviation of the authorities of the Society, the battlefield seems today to be inside the Society and not outside where the real enemy is. One example is that Fr. Altamira is attacked while the powerful and ancestral enemies of the Church are feared and even praised and defended.
12. In short, we realise with sadness and pain that our good father and pastor, Fr. Altamira, is persecuted for combating error, while the leadership of the SSPX have ceased denouncing and resolutely fighting the new heretical doctrines and the liberal and modernist hierarchy who spread them, but as St. Pius X said: “to not combat error is to allow it.”
In consideration of the above, we declare:
1. That we reject, as gravely unjust and unfounded, the action taken against Fr. Altamira , his dismissal as Prior of Bogota and his transfer out of Colombia.
2. That we will support Father so that he continues consolidating his holy apostolate, supporting us in the fight and working for the sanctification of our souls. Because Fr. Altamira resists any change in Catholic doctrine, we will follow him in that resistance.
3. We judge as absolutely unacceptable and wholeheartedly reject the liberal drift of the SSPX, for which the authorities must answer before God. We are witnessing the self-destruction of the work of Archbishop Lefebvre. We pray to God that these authorities, for the sake of their own souls and the good of the Church, rectify their mistakes and take on with Christian heroism the challenge all Catholics must face in the worst crisis in the history of the Church. May they remember that the true Church has always been willing to go to martyrdom for the sake of Truth. Bear in mind these timeless words of Christ, our Lord: “Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me.”
God keep you, protect you and bless you.
Looking forward to your prompt response to email,
ADRIANA LUCIA GOMEZ ALBA DE CARRERO ALEJANDRA PEÑA ALEJANDRO BAYER T. ALEXANDER RIVEROS DIAZ ALICIA CORREA BARRERA AMABIL DE JESUS DIAZ ANALEJANDRA QUINTERO OSPINA ANDREA ORTIZ PEREA ANDRES RAMIREZ ANGELA DEL PILAR MENDOZA PERILLA BEATRIZ FAJARDO BEATRIZ PLATA BENJAMIN BURGOS PEREZ BLANCA DIAZ CAMILO CASTELLANOS CARLOS ALBERTO BAQUERO ZAPATA CARLOS DANETY BAQUERO G CARLOS ESCOBAR CARLOS ESTEBAN MONSALVE GONZALEZ CARLOS VERA CAROLINA CAMARGO GARCIA MARIA CAROLINA MARINAS CESAR VARGAS CLARA LUCILA MORENO CLARA PATRICIA LEON GRANADOS CLAUDIA MONTES CLAUDIA PATRICIA SIERRA DANIEL ALVARADO PATIÑO DAVID RAMIREZ DEIZA GUERRERO DIANA CAROLINA LANCHEROS MURCIA DIANA PATRICIA RODRIGUEZ LARA DIEGO GONZALEZ DORA NELLY MURCIA R. DORYS PEÑA C. EDITH YANILA QUINTERO OSPINA EDWIN SANTIAGO PEREZ VARGAS EFRAIN MARTINEZ ELIZABETH VELEZ MENDOZA ELKIN ORDOÑEZ RIVERA ESPERANZA DULCE FERNANDA SOFIA PEÑA VARGAS FLOR ALBA MALES FRANCY MABEL BERNAL GOMEZ GABRIEL MENESES GERMAN DAVID LAMILLA SANTOS GLORIA MANOSALVA GLORIA MARIA CORREA BARRERA GUSTAVO HERNANDEZ HEIDI MARIANA LANCHEROS MURCIA HUMBERTO YATE TIQUE IBETH MARIA CARDENAS VALLEJO ISABEL P. VARGAS JOHANA MELO JORGE ANDRES MURCIA PULIDO JORGE HERNANDEZ JOSE ARMANDO MOLANO SUESCUN JOSE FERNANDO CAMARGO BANOY JUAN CAMILO MOLINA JUAN CARLOS BARRERA JUAN CARLOS VILA JUAN GUILLERMO SEPULVEDA DUARTE JULIO CESAR MORILLO DULCE JULIO CESAR PERILLA RUIZ LIGIA CASTAÑEDA CASTILLO LILIA BEATRIZ PINZON LOPEZ LINA VILLEGAS LUDY STELLA LIZCANO DE YATE LUIS ENRIQUE CASTELLANOS RODRIGUEZ LUIS HERNANDO CARRERO S. LUISA FERNANDA VARGAS MARIA EUGENIA VALDERRAMA GARZON MARIA LUISA CORREA BARRERA MARIBEL SANCHEZ MORENO MARIO DAVID RAMIREZ CARO MARTHA ELENA PINZON RIVILLAS MIGUEL ANTONIO VARGAS AYALA MILDRED ALVARADO PATIÑO MERCEDES ZORRO NELLY ARIAS NELY SUSANA GONZALEZ DE ROJAS NESTOR RODRIGUEZ ELDA DE VARGAS NOHORA ARACELY SANCHEZ MORENO NORA RODRIGUEZ NUBIA VARGAS OLGA ROCIO GUAQUETA FIGUEROA OMAR SANTAMARIA OSCAR DARIO RODRIGUEZ NUÑEZ OSCAR ENRIQUE ROJAS JARAMILLO OSCAR USSA OVIDIO LEON RODRIGUEZ PAOLA NIÑO DE RODRIGUEZ RAFAEL FERNANDO SALAZAR S. RAQUEL VIVIANA VARON RICARDO ZORNOSA ROSA ELENA PINZON LOPEZ SANDY MILENA CABAS VASQUEZ SERGIO CORTES SKIOLD IVAR NIÑO ALVARADO TATIANA VASQUEZ TERESITA ESCOBAR TRIANA TOMAS POSADA CANCHON VIVIANA ANTONIA PEÑA VARGAS VIVIANA ANTONIA PEÑA VARGAS WILLIAM ROLDAN WILMAN VARGAS YERLIN PINEDA PEREIRA YOLANDA NIETO G ZORAIDA PLATA JAIME TOBON FERRER NATALIA VASCONCELOS JUAN PABLO ZULUAGA TOMAS N. ZULUAGA VALERIA N. ZULUAGA CAROLINA ACOSTA MUÑOZ ADRIANA LUCIA GOMEZ DE SANCHEZ JAIME ALBERTO SANCHEZ TABARES JESÚS RAMÓN GÓMEZ ALBA LUCIA MARIN VILLADA DIEGO OSORIO VÉLEZ DANIEL VILLEGAS LONDOÑO CAROLINA OSORIO DE VILLEGAS MA. ESPERANZA CEDEÑO JARAMILLO SANTIAGO CEDEÑO DAVID BAYER TAMAYO TOBIAS BAYER PICCIOTTI DOMINIC BAYER PICCIOTTI AGUSTIN BAYER PICCIOTTI ALVARO BAYER PICCIOTTI GABRIEL BAYER PICCIOTTI FRANCESCA BAYER PICCIOTTI JUAN CARLOS RIVERA CHAVARRO CAROLINA PEÑA PORTILLA MARIA CLARA RIVERA PEÑA JUAN IGNACIO RIVERA PEÑA ERBIN JOSE PEÑA HERNANDEZ LUZ FANNY PORTILLA ROJAS DIANA PATRICIA PEÑA PORTILLA MARIA ISABEL VERA PEÑA ADRIANA AURORA TORRES AIDA DE LAS MERCEDES PUENTES DE RIAÑO AIDA VERÓNICA RIAÑO PUENTES ÁLVARO PÍO QUINTERO VEGA ANA WALDINA ÁVILA PARDO ANDRÉS CUBILES RAMOS AURA MARÍA VEGA DE QUINTERO BELLALDINA TORRES FARFÁN BLASINA VELANDIA BRIAN SÁNCHEZ CARLOS ANTONIO VARGAS VARGAS CARLOS ARTURO RIAÑO PUENTES CLARA MARÍA CARABUENA DANIEL CAMARGO RIAÑO DIANA CAROLINA RAMOS BECERRA DIDIER ÁLZATE DIEGO CAMARGO RIAÑO DOLORES SÁNCHEZ ÉDGAR FERNANDO SALAMANCA VARGAS EDISON HERNANDO MONTAÑA GARCÍA ELSI ROSSÍO MONTAÑA GARCÍA EUDELO PARRA EVERARDO VELANDIA FANNY VILLAMIL GONZÁLEZ FREY LEODÁN MONTAÑA GARCÍA GUILLERMO ENRIQUE QUINTERO VEGA ISAAC SAAVEDRA AGUDELO JAIME ALBERTO VALENZUELA ÁVILA JAIME ARANGO JAIRO CELY JAIRO VELANDIA JEIDY KATHERINE TÉLLEZ MUÑOZ JHOHAN FERNANDO QUINTERO VEGA JOAQUÍN VELANDIA JORGE LUÍS QUINTERO GONZÁLEZ JOSÉ ALFREDO VALENZUELA ÁVILA JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ JOSÉ HERNANDO MONTAÑA GÓMEZ JOSÉ JACINTO SALAMANCA VARGAS JOSÉ VICENTE RINCÓN JUAN BAUTISTA MONTAÑA GARCÍA JUDY PAOLA PEÑA JULIO ERNESTO RIAÑO PUENTES KAREN SÁNCHEZ LIBARDO ZAMBRANO LUCILA SIERRA LUÍS CARLOS VALENZUELA ÁVILA LUIS M. FAJARDO MARCOS FONSECA MARGARITA SOLANO DE FINO MARÍA ADELA MUÑOZ MARÍA SOLANO MARÍA UBALDINA S. MARIBEL REINA NIEVES GAMBOA OCTAVIO CASTELLANOS BOHÓRQUEZ PEDRO ALONSO VALENZUELA ÁVILA RAFAEL ANTONIO VALENZUELA ÁVILA RICARDO IVÁN RIAÑO PUENTES ROSAURA GARCÍA GONZÁLEZ SANDRA GÓMEZ VERÓNICA DE QUINTERO VÍCTOR HERNANDO RINCÓN SIERRA WELIO BARBOSA LILIANA RINCÓN ANA CAMARGO ALFONSO RINCÓN CAROLINA CAMARGO AÍDA MORENO TORRES LUISA FERNANDA CALLEJAS JOSÉ ALEJANDRO QUINTERO RAFAEL ANTONIO SANCHEZ DANIEL AONTONIO MOLANO HERNANDO M. SILVA HERNANDO MORENO GÓMEZ JHOANA ALEXANDRA MORENO GÓMEZ ANGELA CONSTANZA GÓMEZ VASQUEZ FERNANDO OSORIO VIVIANA OSORIO ANGELICA MARIA ROJAS JAVIER PULGARIN JAVIER DAVID OSORIO BEATRIZ NAVARRO ROSA DE OSORIO FRANCY ELENA DAZA MOLINA ANA OSPINA LONDOÑO GLORIA MARGARITA GONZÁLEZ FELIX ORTIZ ORTEGA ANA CECILIA SANTOS FANNY MURCIA CECILIA MURCIA JOHANA RAMIREZ M. GILMA RODRÍGUEZ ANGELA CORTÉS MIRIAM MEJÍA CAMILO RIVEROS JOSE LUIS RICARDO ALBERTO OSORIO S. ELIANA ARELLANO PABLO VICTORIA ROSA ANA CAMACHO WEVERGER LESLIE LEÓN PINZÓN BRANDON DUBAN PINZÓN GERMÁN DARIO ROJAS MARTHA HURTADO SÁNCHEZ DAVID OSORIO MARTHA LEONOR AYALA ARAQUE DIEGO GUTIERREZ URIBE DEYANIRA JIMENEZ HERNANDEZ YENI MONICA JIMENEZ HERNANDEZ
Support Our Apostolate! Please consider making a small paypal donation to The Recusant.